Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tim Rowland's Creature Features

Blurb: When Tim Rowland’s earlier book of his animal essays, ALL PETS ARE OFF, was published, readers immediately clamored for more. Their preference for animal stories over the political columns Tim’s also known for is understandable: animals are way more fun to read about than politicians. Especially now. So here’s a new volume of over 75 columns, from the introduction to the farm of bovines Cleopatra and Heifertiti, the Belted Galloway beauties, to the further antics of Hannah the English Bulldog and Juliet the tiny Siamese---and of course, more of the joyful bouvier des Flandres named Opie---that’s sure to provide loads of smiles and even outright guffaws.

My Review: When I received an email from Virtual Author Book Tours inquiring if I was interested in a review copy, I jumped at the chance. Who could say no to a cover model that adorable?

This collection of 75 essays on farm life from the author's newspaper column is pure catnip for the animal lover's soul. Rowland's experiences show that every living thing - even animals traditionally viewed as "only livestock" - all have their own unique personalities, traits, and quirks. Dogs, cats, horses, cows, roosters (Chuckles, oh my!!!), geese, goats, donkeys - I hope to one day have a menagerie like this lucky couple has!

Whether read in one or two sittings or just a few essays at a time, this book will make you smile, laugh out loud, and ultimately reaffirm why we love our four-legged friends so much.


3 comments:

Teddy Rose said...

I know, how can you resist a face like that! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed Creature Features!

Unknown said...

Creature Features sounds like it will be a fun read...just added it to my tbr list!
Thanks for writing the review~
Beth :-)

maudemaxine@gmail.co, said...

I would really like to win this book. Sounds like a fun book. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com